March 1st, 2010 | Published in Gambling Games
One of the best ways to increase your poker skill level is through education. There have been hundreds of books and magazines printed about every poker game that will teach you everything you ever needed to know, but if you are not much of a reader, the idea of hundreds of books sounds daunting. Thankfully, poker has branched out to the DVD market. Now you can get the same level of poker education by watching as you could by reading. There are DVDs for beginners, DVDs tailored to advanced players wanting to increase their skill, and DVDs created by professional poker players themselves.
Five DVDs about Poker worth Renting
1. Pro Poker Tells: Poker legend, Mike Caro, spent eleven years creating this full length DVD. Pro Poker Tells is a scientific look on the poker tells. Mike Caro uses multiple camera angles (and a cast of several recognizable poker players) to show you every tell your opponents could have- and how to use them to your advantage.
2. Final Table Poker: Created by poker professional, Phil Gordon, Final Table Poker takes a look at the skills behind a good poker strategy- from a professionals point of view. The DVD takes you inside a poker pro’s head and covers everything from bluffing, to raising, to betting on the Texas Hold ‘Em River.
3. Bluffing and Tells: Bluffing and Tells was created by Phil Hellmuth. It is an instructional DVD that covers all of the poker basics- when to raise, when to fold, how to bluff, and how to read the other players at the table. Bluffing and Tells is the ideal DVD for a poker beginner.
4. Controlling the Game: In Controlling the Game, Phil Laak shows the viewer the emotional side of professional poker playing. Laak is famous for his in-depth poker strategies, and he shares some of those secrets in this instructional DVD. Controlling the Game is ideal for an advanced poker playing looking to improve beyond the rules of the game.
5. Secrets of No Limit Hold ‘Em: Howard Lederer is thought of as the best Texas Hold ‘Em player in the world. He shares several of his secret strategies in this DVD. Secrets of No Limit Hold ‘Em is a good choice for any level of poker player, after all, the opportunity to learn from Howard Lederer is worth the cost and the time.